Transport and Logistics
Business Discovery for Transportation and Logistics
Delivery integrated, accurate, and timely intelligence across borders
The process of getting products delivered from one place to another—on time, efficiently, and at the lowest cost possible—is mission critical for transportation and logistics providers. Starting from razor-thin margins, profitability is often gained or missed by the volatile cost of fuel. In this extremely competitive market, one late delivery or unexpected freight surcharge can mean missed revenue opportunities and a lost customer forever.
Visibility Leads to More Responsive and Agile Operations
While the developing global economy offers enormous growth potential for the freight and logistics industry players, it also brings more intricate supply chains, higher costs and tighter regulatory demands. For these organizations to achieve maximum profitability collaboration with a number of trading partners in various parts of the world, ranging from suppliers, carriers, and government agencies must be enabled.
The cornerstone of agile operations requires visibility-both of inventories in transit, as well as any market events which will impact on-time delivery. When this information is visible inside and outside the enterprise, unexpected events can be rapidly assessed and risk mitigation plans can be quickly developed and implemented. Increasing the visibility of two-way information and enabling collaboration between suppliers and carriers enables companies to achieve service goals across the logistics and transportation network in spite of market events that are impossible to control.
With the QlikView Business Discovery platform, leading transport and logistics companies can:
- Improve profitability with in-depth analysis of service and network portfolio across customers, suppliers and every step in the logistics chain
- Track supplier performance against service level agreements to identify opportunities, negotiate intelligently, and tier contracts based on results
- Analyze loads, routes, carriers, tendering, bookings, customs filings, freight audit and payment on a by-order basis to reduce cost variables
- Improve cash flow and gain operational efficiencies by enabling streamlined business discovery across all enterprise functions
- Streamline safety, traceability and compliance reporting with drill-down detail to documentation
The QlikView Customer Experience
Discover why more than 500 healthcare providers spanning hospitals, nursing and residential care facilities, and ambulatory services worldwide have turned to QlikView to overcome business intelligence challenges and improve performance.
Transparency required—across borders and systems
You need to manage an intricate chain of suppliers and customers—with their respective systems—and a deluge of rapidly expanding big data sources. Increasing regulations from environmental to cross-border controls, and stricter compliance rules for transporting hazardous goods and obtaining security clearance at ports of entry, make information and performance transparency more important than ever before. QlikView streamlines access to critical information—putting information in the hands of anyone, anywhere—to ensure optimum results and to mitigate risk.