Here's a look at the features and techniques you'll find in the latest release. They're designed to help you make data-driven decisions anytime, anywhere; build more accurate models for greater predictive insight, get analytical results faster and work more productively.
View interactive output on smart devices
Take your SPSS Statistics charts and tables wherever you go and make decisions anytime, anywhere. Now view output on the following platforms and devices without a dedicated SmartReader or other application:
- Windows, Mac and Linux desktop environments
- iPod, iPhone and iPad
- Android phones and tablets (versions 2.1 and above)
- Windows 8 devices
Generate presentation-ready output quickly and easily
Making your SPSS Statistics output ready for presentation is easier than ever.
- Apply colors to columns or rows (including gradation across rows/columns) to emphasize key findings.
- Change the color, font, size, background color and other table text attributes.
- Use conditional styling to highlight selected cell(s) based on the value or significance values of tests.
- Index, hide, show or delete table objects.
- Apply a Table Look to a table
Add predictive power to your plans, budgets and forecasts
Integration with IBM® Cognos® TM1 now enables you to import TM1 cubes into SPSS Statistics and use powerful statistical techniques to create more accurate plans, budgets, and forecasts. When your analysis is complete, you can export your data back into Cognos TM1 to deliver new business insights to decision-makers throughout your organization.
Improve model building using Monte Carlo simulation
Monte Carlo Simulation is enhanced to help you build more accurate predictive models when inputs are uncertain, including:
- Simulating strings – SPSS Statistics supports fitting a categorical distribution to a string field in the active dataset, enabling non-numeric variables to be used in simulations.
- Support for Automatic Linear Modeling (ALM) – Export a model from ALM and use it as the starting point for a simulation.
- Heat maps – Generate heat maps automatically when displaying scatterplots in which the target or the input, or both, are categorical.
- Association between categorical inputs – Automatically determine and use associations between categorical inputs when generating data for those inputs. Compute a multiway contingency table for all inputs that are fit to a categorical distribution and use that table when generating data for those inputs.
- Generating data in the absence of a predictive model – Specify which variables you want to simulate and either fit them to the active dataset or manually specify their distributions.
Get better performance and scalability using SPSS Statistics Server
SPSS Statistics Server includes SQL pushback to help you make the best use of your existing IT infrastructure. Now you can perform data transformations without moving data into and out of the proprietary format, helping you conserve resources, deliver results faster and reduce overall IT costs. Other SPSS Statistics Server updates include:
- Greater resilience of SPSS Statistics Server in the event of network failures
- Asynchronous reading of data to get data to the procedures faster
- Improvements to importing/exporting from/to database
- ODBC pooling for more reliable database connections
Simplify custom programming
We've added features to make programming in SPSS Statistics easier than ever:
- Install the Python plug-in as part of the main installation.
- Search for, download and install available extensions from within SPSS Statistics. You can also search for updates to installed extensions, and download and install the updated versions.
- Read and write case data faster from and to the active dataset.
Do more work in less time
- SPSS Statistics 22 includes productivity enhancements to help you work faster and more efficiently:
- Use a simplified method to specify user-defined estimands in IBM SPSS Amos.
- Benefit from improved logging support for Enterprise Standard in the Platform Standards.
- Enable other applications to read/write encrypted SPSS Statistics data files with i/o dll.
- Generate pivot table output for non-parametric procedures.